Who Goes When Gausman Returns?

olehippi

My guess would be Reimold, BUT......with the non-waiver trade deadline approaching, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Orioles buy some time by temporarily optioning Flaherty to Norfolk and see if they can swing a trade or two to clear space on 40 and 25 man rosters by the deadline.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a rumor floating around that it's going to be Parmalee who goes. I saw it on MLB Trade Rumors website.

Not Parmalee. He's cheap, under control, left-handed, and plays a mean 1B.

Reimold, Pearce, Lough, or what Olehippi suggested above.

Not Parmalee. He's cheap, under control, left-handed, and plays a mean 1B.

Reimold, Pearce, Lough, or what Olehippi suggested above.

Does he really, though? I'm not as impressed by Parmelee's defense at first as others seem to be. I think Davis is a better 1st baseman.

Also, if you like cheap, under control, left handed players, why suggest that Lough should go? He's also a far superior defensive player than Parmelee, and that's the understatement of the century.

Parmelee has to go. Before today (Baseball Reference hasn't added today's stats to the gamelogs yet), Parmelee had a .189/.231/.378/.609 slash line in his last 25 games (78 PAs). And a .329 OPS in July. :eektf:

Does he really, though? I'm not as impressed by Parmelee's defense at first as others seem to be. I think Davis is a better 1st baseman.

Also, if you like cheap, under control, left handed players, why suggest that Lough should go? He's also a far superior defensive player than Parmelee, and that's the understatement of the century.

Parmelee has to go. Before today (Baseball Reference hasn't added today's stats to the gamelogs yet), Parmelee had a .189/.231/.378/.609 slash line in his last 25 games (78 PAs). And a .329 OPS in July. :eektf:

I'm not saying that's what I want. I'm saying that's how I think Dan and to a lesser degree Buck are thinking about it.

My guess would be Reimold, BUT......with the non-waiver trade deadline approaching, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Orioles buy some time by temporarily optioning Flaherty to Norfolk and see if they can swing a trade or two to clear space on 40 and 25 man rosters by the deadline.

Yeah I kind of agree with this.

105.7 seems to think they'll make a decision on Wednesday on who goes. Didn't seem too keen on the idea of optioning Flaherty to buy some more time to work out a trade. But that to me would make the most sense. Ultimately, it's either Reimold or Parmelee for me. But with the way Buck values defense, I see Reimold as the odd man out.

I won't be surprised if it ends up being Reimold to the DL. Did anyone else notice him in the dugout yesterday, working to loosen his neck?

Seems like a good point to put him on the DL. Leave him there for about 3 weeks, then put him on a rehab assignment that gets him back on our roster on Sept. 1.

Archived